View Single Post
Old 11-28-2014, 03:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch built CSX style frame, Carbon fiber body, 393 Stroker, T-bird IRS, T5
Not Ranked     

Hersh,
I don't think anyone here has cast any negative feedback on the seller as much as recognizing this is a very incomplete kit with very little information. If someone wanted to take on this project (including me), it would be immensely helpful to have the information needed to supply the huge number of additional parts to complete the build without reinventing the wheel. Since the seller is the only one with that information, hopefully he would be willing to share that with prospective buyers or at least the availability of the information in order to facilitate a sale.

I've done it the hard way- bought a partially completed chassis and a body and nothing else and had to source all of the parts, design a bunch of them, ask a ton of questions, learn about how to design certain parts and fabricate others that didn't exist, etc.... and I wouldn't want to go that route again- even though I know the process now and could do it easily the 2nd time around.

Just talked to the owner on the phone- very nice guy and very helpful with my questions.
He gave me quite a bit of information on the difficult parts to determine so this would be a rather easy build, IMHO.
The rear end is Ford Explorer 8.8 IRS, rear uprights take Ford explorer bearings and Explorer hubs redrilled for Mustang bolt pattern (5 x 4.5), front spindles/hubs are 85 mustang with Pinto tie rod ends to go with the supplied rack. He also has other information available to the buyer, but doesn't want to be a long term source of information through the build as they want to put this thing to bed and not be saddled with it- which is understandable.

Most of the other parts needed- instruments, windshields, fuel filler caps, engines, trans, etc... can be more easily sourced and shouldn't be a problem for most people taking on this build, IMHO.

Bob