View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 04:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Did a bit of a fun machining project tonight. After getting the engine in and the shifter done I figured adding a bit of bling would be fun.

I picked up a black phenolic plastic shifter ball from Summit. It's got the 6 speed pattern engraved in it. It's about 2" in diameter and feels comfee in the hand. Kind of reminds me a little of the original shifter ball.

Just screwed in place and it looked unfinished and a bit ordinary. I decided to dress it up a bit and also tidy up the vinyl shifter boot I plan to use.

3 parts machined from some billet bar stock. A small tapered collar that goes under the shifter boot. A larger tapered collar that goes over the shifter boot and clamps the vinyl in place against the smaller collar. A sleeve that tidies up the top of the shift lever and hides the threads etc. The shifter ball screws down on top of it all and clamps everything in place. The length of the sleeve is machined so the shift pattern on the top of the ball is clocked into the right position when tightened.

Here it is assembled.

Pretty happy with the result.

Cheers

Last edited by Aussie Mike; 12-02-2014 at 04:16 AM..