View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 11:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

This afternoons job was sorting out the Oil cooler plumbing. This morning I picked up a few AN fittings to finish the job off.

Here's the Oil thermostat. It's a MOCAL unit and bolts directly to the side of the oil pan above the filter. I like it because it lets me keep the stock filter setup. The lines are AN#10 and tuck in neatly along side the block.

Where they emerge at the front the return line connects to the Accusump via a collection of fittings. It was the neatest way I could work out with readily available fittings. The electric solenoid valve will be tied to ignition battery so when the key is turned on the oil discharges to the motor and pre-oils it prior to start up. I'll probably have an override switch on the dash too.

On the other side of the T connection is a check valve and the return from the oil cooler. The one way check valve stops the engine oil pressure from feeding back to the oil cooler. Cold oil under high pressure has been known to pop an oil cooler apart so this prevents it. It also makes the oil from the accumulator run to the motor rather than the cooler.

Here you can see how the lines will run to the cooler.

Cheers

Last edited by Aussie Mike; 12-05-2014 at 11:56 PM..