View Single Post
Old 04-17-2002, 06:52 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Is anyone using non-resistor plugs?
I've always had a plug fouling problem. I even went to the trouble of installing an O2 sensor and monitor to help get the carb jetting correct. Finally have come to the realization that when it comes to Holley Double Pumpers & street use, you can't get there from here!!!
Anyway, back to the original question, does it make any sense to use a high output ignition system and then install resistor plugs? I don't have a radio, so I don't care about RF interference (couldn't hear it over the sidepipes anyway ). If you go to a parts store like NAPA or PepBoys and ask for non-resistor plugs they look at you like you just stepped out of a flying saucer.
What to the serious racers use? Surely not resistor plugs, and if not, where do they buy them.

Geary & Zimmy
What brand are BF 42's & 43's? Are these Autolight #'s? Are they non-resistor and if so, where can we find them? Please be more specific.
I've tried Champion RC12YC (recommended plug for the Edlebrock heads) and Autolite 3924. The Autolite's seem to be marginally better, but will still foul on occasion. My thinking (and it may be flawed) is that a hotter, non-resistor plug might be less likely to foul. I'd sure like to find something better.

Steve