View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 06:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Spookypt's Shed Build

Hi everyone, as some of you know I recently moved. It took me 5 years to sell my house near the beach and over that time I watched many build their sheds with envy.

So, when I finally purchased my new house I was quite eager to get my shed started. As it turned out I actually designed it "too big" and had to reduce it by 22sqm (1.5m of width) as otherwise that extra 22sqm was going to cost me in other areas. It ended up as you see it 15m deep x 10.5m wide x 4.5m high.

So although my house didn't settle till late October, I actually put plans into council for approval of the build early September so as once I moved in I could get started asap.

So here's progress so far.

Move in Day. Day 1. Pic of the area sheds to go.

Day 2. My mate and his Drott arrive.

Day 3. Pads levelled.

1 week later: Large Blue Gum too close to pad cut down. (12 cubes of Mulch!)

2 weeks later: Concreters arrive.

Concrete Pad Finished with extra reo for hoist.

New berm with top soil and grass seed.

And as of yesterday. Frame assembly. (Not bad for only having been living there for 7 weeks!)

I only discovered yesterday that all the wall cladding and guttering is incorrect and not what I'd requested so that now has to be changed. (expensive mistake for someone) but the replacements will arrive Friday and with the concrete driveways starting Monday there's no time to waste. The driveway (as per my earlier thread) will be 430sqm and run the full length to shed.)

My sparky came yesterday to work out electrics and my hoist gets relocated and refitted on the 29th December so all is on track for a move in and lock up by years end.

Sparky will fit off permanent power late January. And yes with all my stuff I have no room left and will be adding in a mezzanine before too long.

Spookypt

Last edited by spookypt; 12-09-2014 at 06:07 PM.. Reason: Grammar