View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 04:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedn View Post
Yes, that would be perfect. You can just cut the wires and solder the pigtail from the VE on. Easy job.

I would probably still buy the PSI harness again despite my disappointment with their service once i found the VSS plug missing. There are some bad reviews floating around the net about the wire used, but there are also a lot of good ones.

I was going to make my own, but then after pricing up the materials found it was actually cheaper to buy the PSI harness.

GMPP is the other option which comes with the controller and pedal also. My only concern here was the emissions, but i think there have been people who have passed the IM240 test with one. The other thing is they use a different model of ECU.

Good Luck.
Liam
I would steer clear of the VE computer if I was doing another cobra. I put the VE loom into my racecar and there was problems with the fly by wire throttle. Something just wasn't right. The tuner said it was missing an input from the BCM and so it wasn't working right. Might have been ok on a road car but on a 470 rear wheel hp racecar on anything but hot slicks was just scary..... I would floor it coming out of a corner and it would give me about 40% then a second or two later give me 100%..... I took it out and replaced it with an LS1 loom and a cable throttle. Just in the process of wiring that up now.
GMPP are pretty good I think, they use the same E38 (VE) computer but it doesn't have as many security systems in place so there is apparently no issues the likes of which I had. I think if you got an earlier VE computer it would be better. Sideshow on here will know the correct one to get.
John White has the GMPP set up on his dry sumped, LSA equipped Pace, it's up and running but he hasn't driven it yet. I think the other LSA equipped PACE also runs the GMPP system.