View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 07:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Well I have been reluctant to say anything but Mr Goins decided he was not going to build any more Cobra's, Coupes, because he wasn't making enough money. I went to pick up my "incomplete parts" about a year and a half ago and took them to another source who has made my doors and re-made several of the parts including my roll cage, fuel cell housing, rear of my chassis, completely re-made after re-sculpting the nose of my coupe as well as many other parts. I think I am 6 mos to a year away from having a really nice coupe. The nose is being laid up by a very well known Corvette Guy in this area that has done a magnificant job on the nose. At this point I am needing the headers and side pipes made and a new roll cage completed and installed. All other items except for a couple cosmetic items (fuel cap opening, side windows,door latches and hinges) have been addressed including the front control arms and rack and pinion placement. The chassis has been completely lasered and is perfect on all four corners. The bump steer has been addressed as have some of the less obvious features of the Coupe. When done it will be the best looking and performing $120,000.00 non original coupe on the road. For that price I could have had a Kirkham or SPF. I only wish that Tony Martin had gone ahead with his plans to manufacture a Backdraft Daytona Coupe 5 years ago. BD is top notch as are their USA reps. Hindsight is 20 20. Right?

My thoughts on JBL. Is they are an extremely well designed chassis and perform at a very high level. However, if the business leadership is not there and it isn't, then you must be willing to accept the disappointment that will be forthcoming. Factory Five, Backdraft, Kirkham, Shell Valley, ERA, Shelby and a few others are credit worthy operations that can full fill your cobra desires. The engineering behind JBL was second to none but the execution of the plans were left to an inept individual that was shy about working and in a constant self pitty mode.

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"