View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 01:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Neutral     
Default FFR Coupe 65 in Sydney

Hi all..

Am progressing on a Sydney build of an FFR Coupe 65 and was referred to this forum for networking and local build tips..

My Coupe spent a month or so in fabrication, with a swap to RHD, new mounts for an LS3 and TR6060 drivetrain.

Have fitted a BA Falcon adjustable steering column, connected to a Subaru Liberty power rack.

Brakes are AU spec Willwood units, with a MBR 7 inch single diaphram booster and master cylinder c/w proporting valve.

Have sheeted the new footwell cages I built with 3mm AL for some crash protection as well as lined the exterior with zero clearance heat shield and dynamat on the inside.

The rear end is an IRS set up, 8.8 inch Ford center, fitted with a Torsen LSD and a 3.55:1 gear set.

Seats that will fit and have reasonable access have been the biggest issue so far. The Kirkeys that came with the kit obviously fit but are not ADR approved. Have tried three sets of seats so far with no success, mostly because the rear of the cabin is tapered (and the structural upright from the mail rail is vertical and not reclined) AND the full length side bolsters make it difficult to enter and exit.

Any input on this issue would be appreciated as an ADR approved seat is required for road registration.

Fingers crossed I will be able to knock off the electrics over Christmas, at least sufficient to get to gokart stage to do a bit of shakedown testing on the driveline and BA Falcon ABS unit I have installed at the mo.

Cheers

Chris
Attached Images