View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 08:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by lippy View Post
Peter did a "partial bonding" option for me. I had his painter - Connecticut Custom - do the paintwork. They have a lot of experience on ERAs and did a nice job. Then ERA bonded and riveted just the body to the frame, and I had to bond and rivet the footboxes and panels. It was pretty straightforward and enjoyable (my kids did a lot of the riveting with a pneumatic gun), I didn't run the risk of mounting a painted body, and I saved significant money over the "full bonding" option. You may want to speak with Peter about this.

On the rear, I chose the "standard" option with the inboard brakes. It's a nice piece and I would do it again the same way.

Check out my build thread: Lippy's ERA #797 build log. There are a lot of details. PM me if you'd like to chat about it.
Thank you sir.

I will DEFINITELY speak with him about that option when the time comes. As for the rear suspension, i agree. i have changed many, many sets of inboard brake pads. its not as easy as the outboard, but not a show stopper either. this toy will most likely need them one every two years max. BUT, the 50lb weight savings.....eh...undecided as of now. front and rear suspension is a phase 3 decision.

My plan is to have ERA's guys paint it also, i think that's just a smart move. That will give me a chassis to wax for a year

Thanks again for the partial bonding advice. Those funds can go toward paint!