View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 05:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt;1****33
The ERA outboard rear is only $700 more than the standard rear, according to that price sheet I posted a few pages back. BUT, and I don't remember the answer to this question from previous threads like this: Does going with the outboard rear trigger additional costs?

Take it from me, the ERA outboard rear is, without a doubt, the coolest single upgrade available from any of the Cobra manufacturers anywhere. No, unless you're heavy duty racing, you probably won't notice any performance increase -- certainly not on the street anyway. And, unless you do a lot of really hard braking, you're probably never going to have to change the rear Jag inboard pads anyway. But, the coolness of the ERA rear really is worth the extra $700. Unless... does the ERA rear trigger the bigger brakes on the back, which then triggers the bigger brakes up front? If so, that's a nice chunk of dough right there. While I put all that stuff on my car, the costs to do so are not cheap, and they really aren't that necessary (for most of us). I know we've had this discussion before but I don't remember what, if any, additional costs come along with that $700 upgrade. If it's just $700 (and only $700), then it really is money well spent.
noted; added to my ever growing "possibly do" list.

thank you