View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 11:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
The way the Jag rear is designed is kind of funky in that it uses the half-shafts as the upper control arms. And I would venture to guess that the stress that we put on our Cobras is even harder than the average Jag driver. The bearings and seals can end up taking a pounding. At a minimum, Jag rear owners (and really outboard rear owners as well) should change the lube in a timely fashion. See this Coventry West tech tip: Dealing with your Jaguar Differential
Patrick,

There may be something to what you say but remember Kevin2 had a bearing go almost before he got out of the driveway - something less that 100 miles I think. I doubt his Jag rear end suffered this failure due to wear and tear. Literally, well over a million or two Jags and 63 - 83 Corvettes got by with the same arrangement just fine for decades. Probably a lot of other cars too. Corvettes have never had any issues with differential side bearings - it's always the outer spindle bearings that go first.

Patrick - just saying - I love you brother.