View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 10:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 'Street' Build
Not Ranked     

William,

First off welcome to Club Cobra! You are off to a great start and the guys here have a lot of good advice. Six pages in three days on your third thread … that's pretty good.

As mentioned there are a lot of good and reputable Cobra suppliers to choose from and they all have their supporters here on CC. ERA can build you a truly custom Cobra with as much or a little work on your part as you like. The costs can add up quickly, so keep that in mind. I would recommend having ERA partially or even fully bond the body to the frame and have Connecticut Custom do the body work and paint. The rest is pretty much bolt on from there.

I ordered a painted roller with the dash wired & installed, along with some of the carpet installed. There was still lots for me to do with the motor, transmission and interior bits. The biggest down side for me was the wait, but I knew that going in and that's just the way it is.

Bottom line is ERA makes a top notch product, that is well engineered and well supported.

No matter which way you go, three things to keep in mind, which have been said more or less in the previous posts …

- Build the car of your dreams, not someone else's

- Build the best car you can afford to finish

- Do your homework, so in the end your 'do over' list has few if any items on it.

If you what another ERA build log to click through … here you go!

ERA 2136 Build Log

Whichever way you go … start a build thread when the time comes, so we can all follow along!

- Tim