View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 08:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 744/428/TKO 600
Not Ranked     

My experience with ERA mirrors everyone else's. I just bought a used ERA Cobra and the windshield had a crack in it. The prior owner had purchased a windshield from ERA over 2 years ago but didn't install it. When he had a glass installer change it out, he said it didn't fit. ERA immediately ordered a whole new glass and frame and offered to take the old windshield back. That speaks volumes about how much they care for their customers and the cars they created. In the end, I took the car to ERA to have the windshield replaced and the old glass did fit. Doug and Ritchie did a beautiful job with a number of upgrades including front fans, installing a turkey pan, Pentroof valve covers, carburetor tuning, etc. True craftsmen. If you come up to CT to visit ERA, I have both a cobra and a ERA GT40 that you can try out. No pressure, you can take your time and really check them out. Their both about 10 years old so you can see how there holding up. Everything is put away, but come Spring I'll have them ready to go. If you need a place to stay, I have a small cabin on the CT River you can crash at. Good luck with your decision. Mike