View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 03:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkb289 View Post
William … it’s best not to stray too far from the original recipe (so to speak) when building a Cobra …. IMHO.

Picking the color is probably one of the most difficult choices you will make. Let’s say you decide on a more traditional color, blue for example … there is everything from Viking / Princess blue to Guardsman, Royal, Indigo, Navy, Ferrari Pozzi Blu and more. Two words of caution.

- Just because a paint is called ‘Guardsman’ blue for example, the exact shade of paint may vary from supplier to supplier.
- Some of the darker blues might have a bit of a purple tinge. This seems to be especially true of Indigo blue. I am very happy with the deep Indigo blue on my car, but have heard from other owners that chose ‘Indigo’ blue that wound up having a definite purple tinge to it … which is OK if that’s the color you want, but could be an unexpected surprise if not.

Most of the blues have some small amount of metal flake, but some do not. Then there is of course the choice of stripes or no stripes … it never ends … but that’s half the fun! Decisions … decisions !

- Tim
yea, im seeing that more and more. i do want to make it "mine" aka personalize it, BUT at the same time this isn't just an "average" kit car. this car does not embody the typical stereotypes that are sometimes synonymous with kit cars.

Typically, one doesn't buy a popular car without making some type of aesthetic change to personalize it. But with this gem, the originality is part of the true experience. Therefore, my plan is somewhat morphing into originality and showing some expression under the hood.....? Maybe a small block with a Kenne Bell twin screw SC.

for me there are some things that must remain original or as close as possible.

Things like the wheels
Interior
Body style (in shape)
Stripe, gotta have it!
front fans