View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 10:21 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC s/n 718, 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Can't go wrong with ERA. It took me seven months to get my car in semi-kit form, (bonded body, powdercoated frame, chrome bumpers & roll bar). I used the Jag style rear with five-pin adapters and Camaro brakes. No problems at all, it's not a race car. I had a 428 FE mildly built up with some goodies (turkey pan) over a 750 vacuum secondary carb. It's black, the only color I considered. I used a rebuilt C/R Toploader w/3:31 rear and the car hit the street in exactly two years, as I did everything else myself.
Right now ERA doesn't seem to be too busy (I was there the other day for the annual 'Open House'), so you may get lucky like I did and get your car a little quicker. Everyone who sees my car thinks it's original, even Wayne Carini, but blame that on ERA, who did the original body molds off an original 427 Cobra. Finished it seven years ago and don't have any regrets for spending the extra for an ERA (not much above your budget). Doesn't shake or rattle, but it sure as hell rolls. Take a look at my photo gallery, I think you'll agree.
PS. A local Unique owner spend quite some time selling his Unique to buy an ERA. Now he's happy. Good luck.