View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 03:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some kind of FORD thingy, with several pis tins, twin chain driven SUs feeding a Y block, apparently.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyChris View Post
Ok... research done, with thanks to Tomcat for pointing me in the right direction.

A decent single blade 16" will pull >25% more air at a higher static pressure than a dual 12" set up.

The FFR supplied fan is a curved blade model, which is supposed to cut down noise.

After a couple of hours looking for a shroud or a new fan set up I decided to make my own cowling for the 16" fan, fitted body sealer rubbers to the edges and lined it with heat shield, in the hope it will attenuate some of the noise.

Fingers crossed I have a quieter, better performing fan set up...

If can advise on the fitment of the Vintage Air condenser to the front of the radiator that would be great. I received no instructions with it and didn't want to proceed unit I get info on the clearance / sealing etc, let alone how the brackets actually mount up..!

Cheers

Chris
That looks very similar to my fan with curved blades and my setup but i didnt use checker plate, im sure they are rated at 2800 cfm and the shroud is the key, you cant really hear mine when the engine is running but there is a bit of fan wind noise when i run it with my electric water pump going when i shut down the engine.