View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 08:09 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanEC View Post
Even on a factory assembled ERA or SPF there are typically a number of rebuilt assemblies and occasionally there is an issue with something.
On a Superformance MK III ("427 Cobra") there are NO rebuilt or used parts or assemblies supplied from the factory. Now an ERA can be done with used or reman parts depending on the builder however you or ERA can use new pieces for most of the requirements (it may be tough to get a brand new Jag differential, I don't know) needed.

Now I have great respect to ERA and Peter is a really good guy who I always look forward to seeing at events, however the SPF and ERA really are pointed at different markets although there is occasional overlap. Yes, the SPF is targeted to the Windsor market however about 20% by my accounting are FEs. The factory supplies FE install parts, headers, etc. when specified.

The business model of SPF is different from ERA, we have dealers and inventory. ERA is pretty much build to order for rollers or turnkeys so the wait is longer. Right now we can do a MK III chassis custom order in about 120 days delivered.

In my experience most issues are minor on a factory build. And keep in mind these cars are basically from the "age of iron" so basic tools will resolve most problems other than powertrain or installer errors.

You will not go wrong with either, you are just looking a different answers to the question.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/