View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 08:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1994 Shell Valley, 390 FE
Not Ranked     
Thumbs down Steering Column Questions

Okay, so I bought my Cobra a few weeks ago for a steal of a price. Like I expected, there is a lot that needs to be done on the car to get it back up to where it needs to be. The car is a Shell Valley and one of the things that I don't really like is how high the steering column is in the car compared to both an original and other manufacturers. The column is about 1" from the top of the dash. I was hoping that someone here who has a Shell Valley has addressed this issue and can help me with some ideas.

The car is currently with Dave Brady having some major body and paint work done to it and he suggested a tilt column such as an "ididit" universal tilt column. I want to go with an original 16" Moto Lita steering wheel and by the time that I put a tilt column and the 6-pin hub for the steering wheel in it seems like I would have a steering wheel in my chest with that set up. I also do not really care for the OD of an ididit column and like the "small" column better. There isn't really much room for adjustment in my car and was hoping there was another option out there.

Have any of y'all had this issue and found a way to address it or know of someone that has figured this out? Thanks guys!