Old 01-02-2015, 09:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Survival Motorsports aluminum FE 482
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim7139;1****37
Bill,
I was pretty much of the same opinion as yourself. This past year I got my higher # SPF with an FE, retiree owned with 4000 miles on it at a very fair price for all involved.
More importantly, zero regrets. They're out there and with a little patience you likely will find one.
About the only thing to factor is you should not be obsessive about a particular color you MUST have.
I want to sell a car before the new one hits. It is more a question of parking then money. When I started looking the blue with white stripes was in my head from when I was a kid. Great combo no doubt. Now. I am leaning towards a dark gray with black stripes, 17" wheels black center, polished outer rim. And two roll bars. I know 2 roll bars does not look that good but I want shoulder straps for the passenger and to make it "safe". You need a roll bar. Kind of a catch 22. A Superformance ordered the way I want it is 120 days. An Era built by them ready to drop in an engine and trans is 7 months. Seems like the used market will not open up until spring. So I essentially have to commit one way or another to have a car this summer. More of the used stuff is Rousch which is fine but it does not float my boat. Survival is also an hour away from here so with their reputation I would have to give them a look for sure.

Who knows! I am not up for an older car 10-15 years old is too much for me.

By the way I stole this photo from the Superformance web site. It is their SEMA Lingenfelter car. Chevy powered.

Last edited by Detroit Bill; 01-02-2015 at 09:04 AM..