View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 08:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

In my opinioin the MK IV FFR body is a reasonably authentic looking body although I can't imagine they didn't take a few liberties to adapt to their basic chassis platform. But, it's hard to get too critical when the originals were so variable and didn't even match from side to side.

Does the MK IV still have the pads under the front turnsignal lamps? Has anyone figured out what went wrong with the license plate and trunk handle interference? Also, if planning to go to the expense of a hand-formed aluminum body, please put the slight rocker panel bow at the very bottom to mimic original cars for those of us running under-car exhaust. The exact shape of the wheel openings could probably stand a little attention too.

The FFR chassis has a lot of upper bracing for the fiberglass body that would not work directly for riveting an aluminum body to and would be redundant. In my mind, there would almost have to be a frame adaption kit to replace some of the upper FFR structure with either a structure for riveting the body to - or to provide mounting points where the body with attached supporting structure could be bolted down.

This would all seem easier if there were some sort of formal partnership between Alloycars and FFR on this. Is that something being thought about? I may have missed in somewhere in all the fire, smoke and debris of the earlier threads.

My 2 cents