View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 01:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner of Long Live the Bow tie Contemporary #102 427 Chevy .30 over Merlin heads 11to1, TBI injection
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985 CCX View Post
Tom
You misread my type #1, you made it negative.
You are also right about a replica; its a kit and that is it, but they can create profitable creations.

This will never settle the debate as you had what you had. But you never experienced the gas station chatter, ice cream stand or car show question.
"Is that a real 427?" They don't mean from GM.

It is what it is. Now you can relish in the memory of your old CCX car.
The one that got away ......... Tony would love this thread.

For the record this car was never on the road.
For the record my CCX was a driver and it was from the time I was 18 til I was around 30. I never titled it or registered it, I could not. I have talked about how (in my opinion) Peter Bayer was an A-HOLE. When I found out my car was one of the prototypes and why things just did not fit correctly and where all my "back ordered " parts were, I would call Peter and all I would get was "yes we are aware of that problem and have corrected it". I was asking so what are you going to do for me? I paid good money but got the screw. Monti Gotti was nice to me but Peter was a DICK and told me to F off and don't bother to call again. The kicker was he never gave me a "Manufacturer Statement of Origin. Without the MSO I could not get a title or registration. I even with a friends dealer plate drove it to the State Police barracks to try and get a field safety inspection to try and get a title. The trooper looked at it ( this was in the late 80's) said I needed 5mph bumpers and the sidepipes were an absolute NO GO, and they almost arrested me for driving it only with some quick talking did they let me trailer it home. After that I had it at a friends garage (Floyd Gray owner Grays Garage) and I took it apart and was going to do a better ,cleaner job on the rebuild after all I was only 15 when I was putting it together the first time. It was there a for over a year when Floyd died and his two brothers believed that anything in the shop was theirs and I got tied up in a Probate battle. Which finally ended over a year later when I had had enough. I beat the crap out of both brothers and locked them in the trunk of a car and took all my Cobra stuff , Lucky me no witnesses . And since it has been in my garage. You can see Floyd in my "album" he is the gentleman on the right with the hat. He was a good friend

Last edited by Thor maine; 01-06-2015 at 03:48 PM..