View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 05:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default I will talk you through this easy

Bliss you have my number, call me. Call ERA first and tell them you need a new fuse block. The rest is just time and doing 1 wire at a time. ERA will give you a wire diagram of the car with colors and gauge thickness. We do need to open up the harness and remove the clamp to see what other damage is done. SW has a black face gauge for cobras with a volt meter that goes to 16 volts. I think it is colored with red, yellow green. If you don't like the colors remove the clear cover and get black touchup paint and color over them. NO body will know but us. The reason the fuse block melted was the short was on the other side. The amp gauge terminal insolators got hard and just burn up. Beening there is not fuse from gauge to fuse block, it burnt those wires like you see. Voltage meter will fix this. If you played the game operation, this is a piece of cake, pie,beer, steak, candy.
Loosen the screw of the dash and drop the steering column. You will see how easy it is. When done just tape up the harness. What would you do if you where out in a desert, no AAA to help and no phone. You would fix the car. Play McGiuver and stop whining. this is part of owning a cobra. This How old?? That wiring has a better copper content than the new stuff. repair what you see. wrap the other wires by themselves. Rick L.

Last edited by RICK LAKE; 01-08-2015 at 03:05 AM..