View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 01:46 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Direct from their web site:

"The body shape of the Factory Five Mk4 is extremely accurate benefitting from, and a direct descendent of two original cars, CSX 3042 and the late Dick Smith’s famous #198, CSX 3035".

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVS View Post
I have admired the Factory Five Roadster since its introduction for its one-donor concept, CAD-designed chassis and high-quality components. However, I did not care for the “high-hip” shape of the Mark I-III body. Now that the Mark IV has lower hips, it has re-kindled my interest in these cars.

My question for this group: Is the body shape of the Mark IV based off a real CSX?

For instance, it is well documented that the following manufactures made their body molds from the following original Cobras:
Kirkham 427 = CSX3104
Hi-Tech Motorsports = CSX3190 (fiberglass bodies), CSX3002 (aluminum bodies)
E.R.A. 427 = CSX3252
E.R.A. 289 = CSX2345
Contemporary Classic Motor Car Company (aka CCX) = CSX3045.
Superformance originally based their molds off a Contemporary body, which were splashed off CSX3045.

I am curious as to the "accuracy" of the Mark IV body. I say "accuracy" because of the variation on the original Cobra body shape. Any information is greatly appreciated.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS