View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 05:11 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Disclaimer: I have nothing to gain or lose by making this post, or any other in this particular thread. Think about that before attacking it because you are a SPF owner/dealer/broker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BeastCharmer View Post
Any idea if the cobras on Hillbrand or Cobra Country are selling for $75K+, or is it still possible to get a 1000+ serial number Superformance in the high $50's - low $60s?
They advertise them at those inflated prices all over the web, not many of them have sold for anything near those asking prices. Although, it really is a matter of numbers, just like the spammers that send out 1,000,000 spoofed emails a day telling people to "verify their accounts", all it takes is one to respond to make the scam work.

Most SPF's that I have seen marked as sold and pulled from the market are in the $42,000-$57,000 range. Are there exemptions to that rule, of course, but those are the truly exceptional cars at the top of their game. 427 Sideoiler powered, no small block, or 460 powered cars in that grouping, at least none that I have heard about.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS