View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 06:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKIII, SPO2891, SPO1649
Not Ranked     

03BeastCharmer,

You have not disrupted anything. You are doing your due diligence, and you are right in asking all those questions. The market is filled with a lot of very nice brands. Not all the same, nor same level of quality and price points. You have to make that decision on your own. However it would be wise to visit the events, check out the different brands up close and determine which appeals to you best and suits your price level.

If you are a BMW owner you may want to check out the Backdraft brand of replicas. They have a BMW based suspension that is awesome.

Juan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BeastCharmer View Post
I hope I haven't unintentionally sturred something up with my question, I'm just in unknown territory, and trying to move up the learning curve.

Coming out of the BMW world, there were a lot more data points to understand the market, and knew what trade-in vs private seller vs dealer prices would be for a given type of car. Car forums and e-bay completed sells helped, just not a lot of data here on or ebay.

I know some of it will be clearer when I actually make an offer on a car, but I just don't want to wait someones time by lowballing someone who is expecting to get 100% of their list price. If $70K+ really is the market, I'll have to look at another manufactuer.

I'll just have to wait and see if a car I like comes up and see what I'm willing to offer, and they are willing to accept.

2432 Crittenden Drive, Suite 201
Louisville, KY 40217
http://www.kentuckycobraclub.com
juan@lbrdesign.com
502-558-2904