View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 07:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2660, FE-406
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
Disclaimer: I have nothing to gain or lose by making this post, or any other in this particular thread. Think about that before attacking it because you are a SPF owner/dealer/broker.

They advertise them at those inflated prices all over the web, not many of them have sold for anything near those asking prices. Although, it really is a matter of numbers, just like the spammers that send out 1,000,000 spoofed emails a day telling people to "verify their accounts", all it takes is one to respond to make the scam work.

Most SPF's that I have seen marked as sold and pulled from the market are in the $42,000-$57,000 range. Are there exemptions to that rule, of course, but those are the truly exceptional cars at the top of their game. 427 Sideoiler powered, no small block, or 460 powered cars in that grouping, at least none that I have heard about.

Bill S.
Can you kindly expand on this a bit? Since I've done a fair bit of recent price study over the last year I have a question relative to that price range.
Would it be fair to state that anything materially below 50k or so is usually tied to either some damage history, high usage/miles, or a rather poor choice for an engine? I supose there's always a few cars offered because of adverse personal situation.