View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 06:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSammy View Post
I went to the Collin County Tax Office yesterday about 10 am and was out of there in about 45 minutes with my paper tag and window sticker. I took all of the forms and exhibits that I detailed in the above post, including the VTR-63, with invoices and bills of sale as backup. The lady had never done one of these, she followed her manual, and had to call the supervisor in twice.

In 5 days, I will have a title for a "1966 ASVE" "Replica 1966 CAVG" (I preferred "1966 FORD," but they wanted to use what the MSO said for manufacturer. Not a big issue, it is immaterial what it is a replica of)

I will receive a "Custom Vehicle" plate in the mail and I am exempt from annual vehicle inspections forever as long as I renew the tag as a "Custom Vehicle."

Sam
Interesting! Surprised it is a 1966 ASVE because the manual states it has to be titled in year assembled (or manufactured). Mine states "2014 ASVE Replica 1965 Cobra". They didn't seem to care for what it said on the MSO which is "2008 Factory Five MK 3 Roadster".

By the way, I didn't go to any truck stop or anything. I had the same ASE Master Tech who did my inspection sign a statement that he estimated the weight to be 2300 lb. That was perfectly fine with the clerk ... met her definition of "certified weight certificate"!