Old 01-25-2015, 05:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL427SBF View Post
But I can use generalizations as most cobra enthusiasts do not buy super trick builds costing upwards of $30K and more. What does that 5.5" stroker that revs to 9000 RPM cost? Better yet, what are the chances there is a member here with such a motor, slim and none.

That's been your problem with this debate all along, you fail to see that for the common enthusiast, certain general rules do apply and are totally applicable to the motors they consider for these cars. They are not exotic limited production builds that you continually reference as your "examples", that's just nuts, no one here uses them in these cars.

Here's the general reality for the guys that want to keep it reasonable in the motor department, and what they consider when making their decisions.
Bore to Stroke Ratio & Other Design Concerns
This discussion has not been about money, and you're well aware of that. Here, have another straw....

This discussion has been about your need to troll each thread that involves talking about crankshaft stroke, and inserting your completely incorrect generalizations.

And BTW, we all know that racier parts cost more. Did you end up using that Superlight crankshaft that you listed for your engine? If you want to talk about staying reasonable in the engine department, I would make the argument that you don't spend $1200 for a Superlight crankshaft in a low rpm, low compression street motor.