CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Survival Motorsports aluminum FE 482
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose930 View Post
Hi Bill,

Thanks Mongoose,

I have had both a 911 Turbo and I am now on my second Cobra. In my opinion, the 911 Turbo is world's most perfect car: Drive it to the track in the morning with the AC on and the stereo blasting, hammer on it at the track all day, wash it, pick up the wife and valet park it at a nice restaurant for dinner. And it won't even matter if you get caught in the rain.

Thing is, you can't choose what you love and when I was done paying for college, I didn't buy another Porsche but I finally got my Cobra. Sold the first Cobra only so that I could build a more "accurate" replica.

I may own a Porsche again someday but only when I can't climb in and out of my Cobra

I think you will be happy with your decision.

The Turbo was in my sites. That was my end game as the car I wanted.
I was a little surprised that the 911 was missing something and making it faster would likely not fix it. In the end the Cobra is more of a hobby than a typical car. In my youth I was a motor head and I think I missed that.
I look at this as an extreme muscle car without the hassles that 40+ year old car brings with it. I had the car I drove in high school until recently. It was a SS396 Camaro. I sold it because I was not passionate about owning it. If I was going to go do a car of that vintage it would probably be a convertible Big Block Vett. But when the Cobra is to hard to get into I may revisit the Porsche Turbo (that is not exactly easy to get into either).