View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 01:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Allen, the template was taken from the grille of an FIA replica, so I feel it's going to be close enough to look ok. The piece that I've made has a 90 deg join where they're tacked together, which I can radius off in the gel coat once the sheet metal panel is removed. It's easier & quicker to do it this way than to try & put the radius in the steel.

Those damn greens again, what are you trying to do to me .The colour on Bill Shephards car (I'm assuming it's AC Vineyard green? ) doesn't really do it for me, but that GT40, again, looks about right in my eyes. I'm thinking maybe something that looks black with a tint of green. Oh I don't know, I'll have to have a good hard think on this when the time comes.

I also like black & this car of Leo Voyazides looks tough.

[IMG][/IMG]

Martin, I'm using the 427 chassis plans, albeit with the measurments corrected in places , but one thing it won't have is a "polished body" .
I'm a body man by profession & I'm ok with bodywork/ metalwork, but a good friend of mine is a coachbuilder & he'll be doing most of the major aluminium body shaping . What chassis are you using & who's going to make the body for you in aluminium? I'd like to see some pictures of that

cheers...Nige

Last edited by FIA Cob; 01-29-2015 at 10:12 PM..