View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 09:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The next stage was to take a cardboard template of what would be the front lower valance. Obviously the curvature of the cardboard could only be shaped in one direction, but it would give me a pretty good idea of the shape I needed to transfer to the steel being used

[IMG][/IMG]

This was then transferred to a sheet of steel & was the loosely fitted to the body with panel clamps. I later put a slight double curvature in the steelwork to replicate the original, so the next thing on the agenda will be to tack weld it to the lower grille & then cut out the opening for the air duct. Once that's done, I'll be fitting it to the car & laying up the fibreglass. I find it easier to work in steel for stuff like this & then use it as the mould for the 'glass panels. I'll lay up the gelcoat inside the panels I've made & then give it two layers of 450 gramme fibreglass matt & resin. Once cured I can unscrew these new panels & hopefully it should leave a nice fibreglass panel bonded to the original car, fingers crossed & all that stuff.

[IMG][/IMG]

The whole thing only took just over two hours work to get it to this stage so I'm very pleased with that.

Cheers..Nige