View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 07:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force with LS1
Not Ranked     

Thanks everyone for your replies so far. This has given me food for thought.

Firstly, David - yes I know I was being a little optimistic with my $35K budget. But as other posters here have said, they too have started with a low budget, and built it up over time to get the finish/quality they deisre. I guess that is also a good approach for me to take as well. Hopefully I can get a long way down the track before I need to commit the additional $$$s needed to finish it off to the quality I want.

Doug, good to hear you have used an XR8 as your donor. Could I ask what base kit you used ? (I have read that not all kits will take a Boss motor). Also, what about things like calipers, suspension, radiator, etc, could you re-use any of them from the XR8 ?

Also, I know the DRB540 was designed to use a lot of parts from an XR8 (including the dash). Anyone on the board build one of these ? If so, could you give me some comments on your experience.

Treeve, thanks for your reply. Could you give me a bit of an overview of the compliance process and the costs involved. Could you do it from where you are or would I need to get a Sydney based ICV certified engineer ? (if you want to reply seperately, my email is gcarm@optusnet.com.au).

Thanks again,
Greg