View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 05:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance SP02423 KCR 445W 611hp 599ft lbs
Not Ranked     

Detroit Bill, you and I definitely have similar goals for our cars and tires. Should I want to do a 1st and 2nd gear spirited run I want the car to hook. I want to experience what my car and engine has to offer. I like the 15" period correct look and if the Avon tires aren't giving up much in the straight line compared to a 17" wheel that is good to know. Yet, the larger diameter wheels with the massive tires are growing on me. For me, if I choose to go 17's or 18's I would get a painted or cast center and then paint them satin black with the plasti-dip. I do not want to powder coat the rims black should I ever want the other look. To me the black wheels sorta make the short sidewall not as noticeable. The problem with the larger 275 tires on front are several owners experience the tire rubbing the frame full lock. I do not like or want that. IMHO The SPF does not have a tight turning radius unless you blip the throttle and sling the rearend. If I did go with a taller rim, I would more than likely use a 8" wide rim up front with a 245, 255 tire. I would appreciate pics of that wheel combination. Also, I have not checked with Roger Kraus for as shipped to my door cost for the Avons but I'm sure it will be half the cost or more than the new larger wheels and tires. Something for me to consider....