View Single Post
Old 02-14-2015, 04:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Survival Motorsports aluminum FE 482
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750hp View Post
Really Pete? Now don't take this the wrong way, because your car is one of my favorite Cobras, but that's why I'm surprised you (with your awesome obsession for detail) would try to say they look the same when they simply don't.

Sure, paint GOOD YEAR on a tire and you'll fool most people, but the sidewall overall shape, the sidewall profile, the relation of the sidewall to where it meets the tire tread, the tread shape, width and pattern...it's all different.

The Avon shape is great, and I'm not saying it's sub standard in any way. In fact there are a million reasons why Avon make a better tire than the billboard. It just doesn't seem as though you would be able to duplicate the sidewall shape of a bias ply tire with a radial tire. There are probably a million reasons why a manufacturer wouldn't want to anyway.
I guess I had not isolated the shape of Goodyear billboards from other 15" tires.
Now it is obvious, bill boards do look awesome and the shape, the bulge, and the letters really complete the look of the car. The radials don't have that shape.

I am pretty sure I am going with 18's and a 335 rear. I like that look although some do not.

Thanks for pointing out that subtlety.