View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 05:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz, TKO600, 460
Not Ranked     

Well Rob, depends on what the defination of 'quick' is. I have to say that I am trying really hard to resist completing a full rebuild. The Arntz is a great solid rig, has bucketloads of character and is completed and ready to go and does not need a full rebuilt thats for sure..... its just that I see this as an opportunity, we will wait and see.

Don, your right, for 30+ year old paint it really is good. Working this has really produced wonders and whilst I have removed lots of the blemishes I have still retained its age and character (some may call it patina). What is interesting is how straight a 30+ year old body is, no ripples or other defects and overall a great solid body and the paint at this stage has no polish and no wax at all yet there are great reflections and clarity in this old paint. There realy are built like a tank and the chassis rails are not rails..... they are gurders (more pics to follow).

Dean, correct....... back to the same problem that kinda forced the original decision, but the desire for a Cobra runs deep, maybe I will still keep an eye out for a 55 Hardtop, would be great to find one that could be my daily drive.