Thread: Cobra Attention
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 08:05 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Our police station is right next to my upper lot and about 200' from my driveway. Many of our police are car guys and they always look when they pull out to see if my garage door is open. I have taken pictures of the 69 in front of the station and then they all came out to look it over.

As for car shows, the 69 Cobra goes into the stock class and the special construction class as that is what they have to be registered as in this state. I have never had a problem when I took any of mine to a show except once when some guy with a Corvette threatened to leave if they made him park next to the Cobras.

Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernica View Post
Yup, you will get folks on the freeway trying to get close to take pics and not paying attention to the road, so watch for that.

In my case, as I think I have said on another thread, all the local cops know the car well and actually have pics of it at their station. Fortunately, they are car guys. When I have it out to play, they said they call each other on the radio because they can hear it several blocks away. Pretty hard to hide, especially when you have a couple of big #5's on it. When I stop for gas, it's always something of an event.

View my Miscellaneous Gallery