View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 03:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Seems like a dead thread. I want to build a 289 style car and naturally have been considering ERA at the top and Unique right behind. However, the FF 289 car is really interesting for several reasons. First, they have become a very large and professional business. Second, the chassis and suspension design on all their current cars is probably far superior to what all the other companies are building. And they recognized that their massaged body designs for the original 427 style cars was off and they redesigned that and the new 289 body using computer technology to be exactly right. (They may have made the bodies look wrong to skirt Carroll Shelby's penchant back in the day for law suits...) The company's size and marketing allow them to bring the prices way down for really good quality cars, ignoring any issues of authenticity.

However, I have a few questions, if anybody is active in this area. The 289 car uses the 427 chassis, which is both good and bad. The good is that it's proven and works. The bad is -0- and this is a visual thing -- that I think the front wheels in particular are way too far out compared to the original and to the Unique and ERA similar 289 cars. I've been studying photos and that's what I think I see. Can somebody here tell me what they think?

I'm hoping to compare the 289 cars at Carlyle this May and make a decision then, but would love to hear anyone's thoughts.

Gordon