View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 03:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 714
Not Ranked     
Default Stewart Warner Speedometer

So in short, I am trying to replace my Stewart Warner Speedometer. The old one had the incorrect mileage due to a prior Stewart Warner Speedometer failing. In short, I had a Speedometer shop put the correct mileage on the new speedometer and I put the new one in and it did not work. Ugh. The cable itself came out of the speedometer and it appears warn but ok. But now I will have to pull the transmission tunnel to get at the screw holding it in. Before I do I want to confirm that the gear on the speedometer is correct. I have a Tremec 3550 and the tag on the Jag rearend has a 46/13 division which equals 3.538 rounded equals 3.54. Page 13 of the ERA manual says it is the pink gear. I will check to make sure the gear is correct, but here is my question. The old speedometer seemed to read about 9 mph high. If it is the pink gear, then it should read correctly right? Also, any ideas why the new speedometer would not work. The only thing I can think of is that I accidentally pulled the cable itself out of the transmission and it was not turning. This sound right?

Phil