View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 09:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     
Default Possibly spring will turn a new page

We are in the middle of our second, perfect spring-like day so I started #782 up and couldn't resist taking a short drive on nearby streets of our small suburb that are actually maintained and were not turned into gravel roads like Little Rock and No Little Rock this winter. I'm not sure when Little Rock last did a street overlay - possibly several decades ago. And they can't seem to understand why south of the river, the streets all look like bombed out sections of the Hanoi highway. Some sections of boulevards were nearly completely shut down last week by all the vehicles with bent rims and blown tires scattered all over the road due to crater sized potholes. Fortunately I live north of the river.

The engine noise seems to be solved by the exhaust gaskets. No ticking noise at all on start up - just some light sewing machine like noise when it got hot. I need to change the oil and get the 10W-30 out of it for some 15W-50 per KC which may quiet it a bit more.

Turn signals didn't blow the fuse so that's good.

Brake noise is gone after sanding the pads.

Good start to spring - hope it lasts.