View Single Post
Old 04-22-2002, 08:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi 1 cobra nut. It did not cost me 25k or 20k or 15k to build my motor. I have an all alum shelby block and heads motor, It was done for 13500.00$ The short block was assemblied my my machinist. The heads were CC my mike lefevers of shelby. The block can be built to 550 cubes with bore and stroke. I have been told that the Edelbrock heads are better. If you look around and know what you want in your motor you can save about 30% of the cost. My crank is a 428 10/10 crank, got it from FFP for 450.00 The intake came from dove. rods are eagle. the pistons are arias. the cam is comp cams. The fuel injection was 3800.00$ Speed Pro brain, accell throttle body, 55lbs injectors, MSD ignition. The machine work was blueprinted to specs. 2400.00$ A carb motor is cheaper than mine. The supercharger is not hooked up yet, the belt keeps ripping off. It is hard to get the alignment correct. Next year I will go with a steel crank. They cost about 2200.00$ The boost is going up also. If I can help you with parts places let me know. Good luck with your engine. Rick Lake p.s. the weight of the motor is 540 lbs. small block numbers