View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 03:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well, with all this discussion and spending some time with Peter at ERA, I have a plan. They'll do some form of roller and may paint it as well. I will at least do the interior and get the engine and drivetrain installed by a local shop. I'm going to supply the leather for the seats and door pockets and their guy will redo the seats and pockets.

I haven't chosen an engine builder yet, but have kind of narrowed it down to Lykins, Smeding, and Keith Craft, who hasn't sent a quote yet. Brent has been very responsive. I want a small block at 331-347ci and want to use the Eight Stack Weber-look EFI and know the guys at TWM pretty well and they're giving me a deal on that in a nice black wrinkle finish with polished air horns. I am as concerned with the quality of the parts, how it looks, and the detailing on the fit and finish as I am power. I only want about 375-400 wheel hp, so, I don't think I need to go very extreme on cams and want to keep it more refined than many of the motors I have heard used. It's meant to be the street version hopped up a bit.

That's about it. Close to doing it anyway.

And, Kevin, I live where the fun roads are. While 113 is nice, there are a lot of nice roads here. We should think bbq later this spring.

G