View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 11:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default club cobra gokart

hello to all new member looking for information on a gokart I bought 10yrs ago, for my son when I original found it, the body was a dark blue and the body was good except paint, and the fiberglass was dry, so stripped it down and the fake headlights 1 was missing, gave it a look over and since I couldn't find anything on it at the time, new lens or info on it, I painted it viper red and gave it the graphics it has now, and while sanding the body, decided to cut out the grill and headlights, because it being closed just didn't look right, and open up the hump on the trunk/engine lid. installed 4'' lights, got it painted assembled etc... gave it to my so for his birthday, with in that next week he was following me around on the golf cart, and he ran into the rear of it while I was parked and it cracked the body over drivers front wheel, easy repair, but being a ford fan, I removed the body because I feared he would demolish it. and it has sat for years. I'm a member over at the diygokarts.com forum, and after I finish my current project, I'd like to start on this cobra, so I'm looking for any information about it, and possibly to see if the kart it was on was original to the body, if its not the original frame, i'll start building one for it, if it is the org. frame figure do a restoration leave it the way it was. it has briggs electric start engine, and the older gentleman I bought it from said it was rare, but I don't know. searched images and kept seeing the body being called a club cobra, any information or knowledge any one has I would greatly appreciate. pics, articles etc... one post referred to a member here named Mr. bruce? who makes these?

Name:  IMG_20150324_184003.jpg
Views: 2728
Size:  91.5 KB

Name:  IMG_20150324_184022.jpg
Views: 1593
Size:  81.9 KB

Name:  IMG_20150324_184029.jpg
Views: 1662
Size:  94.2 KB

Name:  IMG_20150324_184106.jpg
Views: 3138
Size:  99.9 KB