View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 10:47 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagx2 View Post
bill s.,

before I bought this kart, I seen one in person, a guy had same frame e start down to wiring switches body, etc.... he said he had gotten his from a Goodyear dealer, in the mid 80's that it was a promotional run that every Goodyear dealer got 2. I'm wondering if it is true and they got the molds from a amusement park ride, I looked for around 5yrs. after seeing his before I found mine, every thing was identical, so makes me want to lean toward there being some type of limited production run on this build with this frame, unless it was a popular good fit of a amusement park mold?? still open to anyone having any old ads or pictures, with this type body, have few months before I make anymore changes to it, to try and find out exactly who made them and if it was some sort of production line build, since I have seen 2 now in person and some pics of the same body without a frame floating around the internet. know its not worth much but you don't see many which what makes it different.

Not hear to make a thread like speedomans' from 2011 lol just looking for a time frame or manufactor, of it or try and confirm the stories I've heard. this is in no way a publicity sells pitch! everyone has a reason to copy the legendary cobra, but with out its creation this group wouldn't be here, we wouldn't have the head turning, icon's that make such a conversational prop....hats off to the creator for his ingenuity, and passion for the masses.. 1 man does make a difference.
Back in the days when I owned a bodyshop, I had a local amusement park operator that would give me all of their fiberglass bodies to repaint, once a year I got 4 dozen bodies, scatters among them were the exact body that you have pictured above, two different corvette, a few Model T and A bodies, even a Scarab looking one now and then. Yours of course missing some of the inner tubing that they used to reinforce the passenger opening. yet same body, same trunk hinges, same fake gas cap. You are also missing the padded rear headrest and panel off the trunk hump.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS

Last edited by mrmustang; 03-25-2015 at 10:49 AM..