View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 12:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
Back in the days when I owned a bodyshop, I had a local amusement park operator that would give me all of their fiberglass bodies to repaint, once a year I got 4 dozen bodies, scatters among them were the exact body that you have pictured above, two different corvette, a few Model T and A bodies, even a Scarab looking one now and then. Yours of course missing some of the inner tubing that they used to reinforce the passenger opening. yet same body, same trunk hinges, same fake gas cap. You are also missing the padded rear headrest and panel off the trunk hump.

Bill S.
there is fiberglass reinforcements on the inside, on both sides, almost like arm rest on door panels, and the hump it truck lid, head rest!! that's what the 2 holes toward the bottom were for, when I cut it out I had planned to use some wire mesh to put over it, but I left the holes.

Name:  IMG_20150325_143710.jpg
Views: 1412
Size:  89.6 KB

Name:  IMG_20150325_143719.jpg
Views: 1398
Size:  91.5 KB

Name:  IMG_20150325_143742.jpg
Views: 1352
Size:  78.0 KB

do you happen to have taken any photos of those cars back in day, you can share or email them to me, possible any pics of the rides unless you mean small go kart track. yea fake gas cap figure when do a repaint find one more realistic, they designed it pretty good then the cap is like they got tired of designing and just threw it on. head rest and panel? 10-4 0n the head rest, panel are you referring to the section I cut out, did that to allow some air to go in and heat to come out but I left 2 holes along bottom area that were already there. so far you have the most info, but the one that I saw also used the frame I had? coincidence they are identical?