View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 05:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP Pace427 (AP4033) GM L77 6.0L TR6060
Not Ranked     
Default Build update

Wow, been January since I last posted a build update. Sorry!

(I my defence, I have actually tried at least twice but the forums site seems to be getting much more unstable lately. Damn! Just after I paid up too!)

Ok, so stripped all the loom and accessories off the engine and gearbox so it was much less scary to me! Cleaned it all down, and it comes up like new. Even polished a few bits like the spark plug covers.

Cleaned up and filed off the unsightly casting burrs from the diff, and gave it a coat of engine aluminium paint - looks like a brand newie!

Installed. That was a bugg@r of a job!

Purchased a low profile sump from the U.S. I expected to have to grind an inch off the bottom of the bellhousing, install a clutch bleed extension (to extend the nipple outside the housing) and maybe modify the gearing centering to give a better positive centre and easy shift from second to third, so I took the 'box and sump to Aussie Mike. Guess what, this newer version has all those mods already done! GM is stealing Mike's tricks!

I also got a Core Hurst Shifter adapter from the U.S. for the forward fitment on the Tremec. Nice unit. And some blingy fluid reservoirs too.