View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 05:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 65 AC replica, 408 stroker
Send a message via Skype™ to Pmiller176
Not Ranked     

Hey Bob and all, just saw this. Cost was $200 for as many runs as you care to take. Well run event, very safe, no drama, and they took safety seriously but despite that everyone seemed to have great fun, I certainly did.

As someone said they sold out the initial Saturday very quickly. I got put on the wait list and when they decided to add Sunday I was able to get in. I observed Saturday and ran only Sunday. Sat they had > 200 cars, so at least in the morning from 9 to noon there was some delay between runs as you were waiting in line. But Sunday morning there were only around 50-60 cars and essentially zero waiting between runs. By 10:30 you could run, get back in line and run again almost immediately. I got a dozen runs in and bugged out for home just before noon.

You can see the setup for observation in the image above. You can sit along the launch area. You cant sit down at the speed trap end of the run, for safety reasons. Visibility was good enough though so you dont get a sense of missing out on anything. You can easily tell who is fast by seeing and hearing the launches. They have a couple large readouts and put the times for every run up on those for all to see.

I dont know exact schedule but I believe they plan to be back for more of this in the fall and again next spring. I had a huge blast and will def run again. Getting headers and modified exhaust soon so the Viper will breathe better, hoping to flirt with 170 next time.