Old 04-14-2015, 03:56 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernica View Post
After spending about $1 million on attorney fees in a dispute once, my opponent and I went to dinner and agreed "enough is enough" and settled the whole matter over a nice steak at Mortons. I can't say that the attorneys were very happy, but we stopped the bleeding and both took our licks and moved on.
There ya go...well done! Unfortunate you had to spend that much to get to that point, but you stopped the bleeding.

The majority of my clients have been with me for over a decade...several for over three decades. Obviously, in labor and employment I have ongoing relationships with these folks (fighting unions, employment litigation). Some are the biggest produce companies in the world, others produce the wine you have with your meals, and still others are mom and pop farms where the owners take care of their business at the kitchen table. The one thing they (and I) do is treat legal services as just another element of getting the job done, and they know to employ legal (anything from union prevention strategies to ensuring compliance with employment laws) to prevent problems like class actions, just like applying pesticides to prevent bugs before they attack.

But...lets get back to the lawsuit and the subject of the thread and what effect it may have on our hobby (if any).