View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 09:30 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernica View Post
I built the (new) UCLA Law Library back in the 90's and saw first hand where they breed the lawyers. A most intense bunch to be sure! As much as I may have disdain for lawyers, I have to respect what they go through on their "paper chase".
I'll tell you a secret... if you have the knack for it, law school is not that tough. And having the knack doesn't necessarily mean you're a genius, it just means you've got the "touch" for it... like anything else, tap dancing, skeet shooting, bullshi*ting, or seeing advanced math concepts. If you've got the touch, it's a piece of cake, and if you don't, you can generally learn it. And like a lot of things in life, once you've done them you always say it was harder than it really was. But it is definitely not just smarts -- I know a couple of reasonably dumb guys that passed the bar, and I remember a guy that sat next to me in first year law that had an advanced degree in nuclear engineering... and he flunked out.