View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 01:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Hydraulic clutch set up

Have spent a few days now disconnecting everything to pull the motor and gearbox out after being unable to operate the clutch after it was bled. (TR6060 on the back of a VE LS3).

The master cylinder / pedal stroke is fine, it discharges a full column of fluid when not connected and again through the bleed valve on the slave cylinder when connected.

The pedal is basically hard once the bleed valves are locked off and is not able to be depressed.

There is about 3mm float on the pedal when unloaded and the (Willwood 7/8") master cylinder push rod has a small amount of play.

As I understand it from a day of running around today, the thrust bearing must be compressed when the gearbox is installed and then extends towards the engine to engage with the pressure plate fingers and the friction plate.

There is no clearance required as far as I know between the pressure plate fingers and the thrust bearing.

As best I can tell, measuring 3 different ways, the thrust bearing is compressed around 10mm from its spring loaded at rest position.

If (????) the info I have is correct and the thrust bearing needs to be further compressed to be able to operate once the clutch pedal is depressed how far forward does the slave cylinder need to be moved forward..?

Look forward to any advice that might be available.

With thanks

Chris
Attached Images