View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 02:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Cobra RT3, Roush 427R Crate Engine, Tremec 6-Speed Transmission
Not Ranked     

Zeke,

I recently purchased my second Backdraft Cobra, the first Backdraft Cobra sold by Jonathan Motorcars in Edgewater Park, NJ. My first Backdraft Cobra (#101) was a great ride. As one of the earlier Backdrafts, I found myself doing a good bit of retrofit work. The car was powered by a Ford Racing 351W enlarged to 392 CU and rated at 420 HP. Nice car and I really enjoyed the seven years I owned the car. My new Backdraft Cobra has just completed the initial 500 mile safety inspection and oil/filter change by a certified automotive technician with over 20 years of experience with Cobras of most all makes. The tech had 5 star ratings for my Backdraft Cobra. Many of my retrofits on my former Cobra have been dealt with in the new Backdraft Cobra design. My new Backdraft Cobra (#1360) is equipped with Roush 427R (Dynoed at 551 HP, 528 ft-lbs torque) and has a 6-speed Tremec tranny. The upgrades on my new car have made the car far superior to my former Backdraft Cobra. I am super happy with my new ride and I can also say that I was quite pleased with Jonathan Motorcars. I live near Phoenix, AZ and traveled to Edgewater Park to inspect the car and finalize the deal. I was impressed with the additional care and inspection that Jonathan Motorcars performed on the car along with my detailed inspection with their technicians. My cost was near to the price they quoted you. I feel I purchased my Backdraft Cobra at a fair price and am the proud owner of a great car. I am a big guy and I like the interior of the Backdraft Cobra. Just my story and I am sticking to it.